STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES AND PURPOSE
The Texas Coalition for Affordable Insurance Solutions (TCAIS) believes that a stable, competitive auto and homeowners insurance marketplace will best serve both buyers and sellers of insurance. TCAIS advocates legislative, regulatory, and individual action aimed at:
- Increasing consumer choices of insurance companies, products and services;
- Spurring price competition among insurers;
- Providing appropriate regulatory oversight;
- Minimizing costs in the system;
- Fighting insurance fraud and abuse; and
- Providing an environment to attract new businesses and jobs to Texas.
TCAIS promotes these goals by engaging elected officials, regulators, the media and the public through ongoing research, communication, education and advocacy.